All 11 art Reviews

The darndest places The darndest places

What is your secret to making a color palette where the shades become nearly imperceptible? Its not just white/black its gotta be somehow technically different.

Seriously, in case anybody didn't notice, the most amazing part is the background.

hoods hoods

This is absolutely unbelievably fantastic. I took off half a star because of the glaring blue border of the bottom of the hood. I understand why it has to be that way, but I feel that the color is too glaring and distracts from the face. In my opinion a few shades darker should still be light enough to be visible without being so bright.

spacefader responds:

You are probably right, I kind of chose the colours in an arbitrary fashion.

T-45d Power Armor T-45d Power Armor

This is great. But please do one of T-51B; I always thought that enclave armor looked hideous by comparison.

deathink responds:

WHAT! I love the fallout 2 enclave armor, but yeah in fallout 3 the T-51b looked much better.

Politically Correct Artwork Politically Correct Artwork

I agree with the sentiment of this, and also your post in that thread. Frankly, it was a mistake on Tom's part to claim all that bleeding heart sympathy for loved ones stuff. Its patently untrue. Tom just realized his website was going to be viciously attacked in the media unless he did X. He should have just said that, and we could all move on.

Cyberdevil responds:

Whichever the reason behind his decision was, if it was out of sympathy, or out of fear for the media, it still feels like the wrong decision. It'd still spark this debate (probably even more so if he mentioned it was all due to media pressure - there's no sympathy in that), because this is an important stance for the site. I'm still hoping the debate will, if not change this case, at least make it clear for the future what's important to the users! Would be a real shame if this is the future. Thanks for the comment.

Animation practice Animation practice

Excellent! The running animation is characterful in that it isn't particularly dashing, but kind of a slow jog, which a non-athletic wizard-type might do instead of running. But it works. The red writing on the cape is well calculated, PARTICULARLY on the running animation, where it is perfect.

What I would like to see additionally is some shading on the cape, although that's a personal thing. The geometry is otherwise flawless. Especially the lower edge tip in the running animation.

P-Bot the Flash Demigod P-Bot the Flash Demigod

Dithering... So Good..

1DarkVoid responds:

Thanks for the review and I love your arts also.

\/4D1/\/\ d3R053 \/4D1/\/\ d3R053

The cape over chainmail is my favorite part. I do wish that there was a wider screen for more background. The dirt is fabulous. If you animated the character with walking animation then you would have a solid starting point for a wasteland/mad max feeling game.

Oresundsbroen Oresundsbroen

This is truly amazing. A masterpiece.

Grassy Beach Grassy Beach

This is really excellent background scenery. The white outlines on the landmasses works really well.

guns and girls guns and girls

Each piece on its own is good. The most glaring problem I have us that the pixel size of the rifle and the character are different. Because of that I consider this to be an illustration, not pixel art.

Also where is her right arm or left arm? And does the gun stand on its own buttstock?

Even so, the parts are individually well done.

HiZtory responds:

they're behind her back and yee sure i didn't put that much thought into it so whatever works.